The Department of Information Technology was established in the year 2003 with specific vision, mission and goals. As the college is affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, New Delhi (GGSIPU) and recognized by AICTE New Delhi, the department works under the rules and regulations of above mentioned bodies.
The department offers a 4 year undergraduate programme B Tech (Information Technology). The curriculum of Information Technology emphasizes the ongoing Convergence of Computers, Communications and Control Systems. The programme ensures that the student effectively meets the highest benchmarks of competence required by the industry. To make students industry – ready, department conducts Value Addition Programmes (VAP) and Project Based Learning (PBL). Technologies for VAP and PBL are decided jointly by students, TPO, faculty members and experts from industries.
To support and guide the students for their progress, mentoring and counseling methodologies are being implemented. Quality improvement programs like refresher courses, seminars, workshops and conferences are being conducted for Faculty, Technical Staff and Students. Various coordination committees have been formed to develop the leadership qualities both in faculty and students, which proved to be very effective in the administration of the department.
The alumni of the department are well settled in various national & international organizations at different capacities. Apart from India, a sizeable number of alumni also pursue higher education abroad like in Canada , United States of America, England and Australia. Our Alumni remain in constant touch with us and are contributing in the development of the department
Vision of the Department
Mission of the Department
- Impart quality education through flexible and innovative teaching learning process to meet the needs of industries, business and society
- Enable and ignite young minds to excel in their career and life with entrepreneurial spirit, professional ethics and human values.
- As a unified community of faculty, staff and students, we work together with the spirit of collaboration and partnership to accomplish our vision.
- Establish industry and academia collaborations to fill academic-industry gap.
Program Education Objectives (PEOs)
The Program Educational Objectives (PEOs) of the department of Information Technology are given below:
- Train to exhibit effective technical, communication and project management skills in their profession by following ethical practices.
- Excel in Professional career by acquiring knowledge in information technology and engineering principles.
- Graduates are capable of pursuing higher education and research.
Program Outcomes (POs)
Engineering Knowledge: Apply knowledge of mathematics and science, with fundamentals of Computer Science & Engineering to be able to solve complex engineering problems related to CSE.
Problem Analysis: Identify, Formulate, review research literature and analyze complex engineering problems related to CSE and reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences.
Design/Development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems related to CSE and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety and the cultural societal and environmental considerations.
Excel in Professional career by acquiring knowledge in information technology and engineering principles.
Conduct Investigations of Complex problems: Use research–based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
Modern Tool Usage: Create, Select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to computer science related complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
The Engineer and Society: Apply Reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the CSE professional engineering practice.
Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the CSE professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
Ethics: Apply Ethical Principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary settings.
Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large such as able to comprehend and with write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations and give and receive clear instructions.
Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multi disciplinary environments.
Life-Long Learning: Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning the broadest context of technological change.
Dr Shafiqul Abidin
Professor & Head
Dr Shafiqul Abidin is working as Professor & Head, Department of Information Technology, HMR Institute of Technology & Management, Hamidpur, Delhi, India. He possesses more than 23 years experience in academic, research and administration. Dr Abidin has published more than 50 research papers in national / international journals of repute and conferences. Also he has filed two patents and a research article in IEEE transaction.
He is associated with various national / international journals as reviewer and advisory board member such as WASET Italy; International Union of Engineering & Technology, USA; Inderscience; IEEE, Taipei, Taiwan and Springer. He has visited various countries for teaching and research purpose in their institutions for a period of more than five years. He has evaluated many Ph D thesis of various universities and recently two of his research scholars have submitted their final Ph D thesis.
He has successfully completed two international certification programmes ICDL from Dubai, UAE and Project Assessment from Cambridge University, London, United Kingdom.
He is life member of Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE – LM60786) and Computer Society of India (CSI – LM 0177696). Dr Abidin is also associated member of International Association of Computer Science and Information Technology (IACSIT – 80344415), Singapore and International Association of Engineers (IAENG – 121052), The Society of Digital Information and Wireless Communications (SDIWC 19644) USA and Internet Society , (Global & Asia Pacific Member – 163794).
Labs & Infrastructure
Object Oriented Programming (OOPs) and Algorithms Design and Analysis (ADA) Lab
Algorithms are just like a technology. The objective of this lab is to learn how to solve a problem given by a textual or story like description. This subject plays a vital role to enhance creative and logical thinking of students. ADA includes appropriate problem modeling, fundamental techniques for designing and analyzing algorithms including asymptotic analysis, divide-and-conquer algorithms, disjoint set operations, graph algorithms, backtracking algorithms, greedy algorithms, dynamic programming, and branch and bound algorithms.
The software includes operating system along with C++/GCC Compiler and Flash Player. This lab is also useful for the subject such as Introduction to Programming, Data Structures, and Computer Graphics & Multimedia for the students of the 2nd 3rd and 4th Semesters.
Java Programming Lab
Data Base Management System (DBMS) Lab
Hardware and Computer Assembly Lab (Fundamentals of Computing Lab)
Data Communication Networks (DCN) & Mobile Communication Lab
Wireless Communication Lab
Project and Internet Lab
Operating System Lab
Computer Skills for Professional Lab
It is a great pleasure to welcome you to the Department of Information Technology, HMR Institute of Technology & Management, Delhi. Information Technology is the fastest growing and flourishing discipline that is witnessing an unprecedented innovation in technologies for communication, computation, interactivity and delivery of information. The Department of Information Technology is determined towards the goal of providing innovative and quality education with high standard to achieve academic excellence and provides platform for the students to achieve their career goals. The students of this department are placed in world class organizations through campus recruitment and are excelling in their professional career.
The Department offers many avenues for students to engage in continuous and project based learning. This initiative has developed a distinct style and method that bridges industry academia gap. The strength of the department is highly motivated students who understand the dynamics of the industry and upgrade their skills accordingly.
Furthermore, required training is imparted to the interested students to prepare for competitive examinations such as GATE, CAT etc. The gradual increase in the number of participants and competitors for various programs and the growing number of placements reflects the impact of these programs.
In closing, I wish all the students and faculty a great academic year. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Sincerely, and with best wishes,
Dr S Abidin
|S. No||Batch||Rank||Roll No.||Name||Passing %|
- Shruti Bhalla, “TIPSCON 2019 9th National Conference on India at crossroad of Development and role of Management, Commerce, IT, media & Law, ‘Review of Data Mining Techniques Used for Crime Detection 1 April 2019.
- Anupam Sharma, “Key Attributes for a Quality Mobile Application”, 2020 10th h IEEE International Conference on Cloud Computing, Data Science & Engineering (Confluence), (ISBN: 978-1-7281-2791-0)
- Shafiqul Abidin et al “Big Data Analysis using R and Hadoop”, Springer 2nd International Conference on Emerging Technologies in Data Mining and Information Security (IEMIS 2020), Kolkata , 2 – 4 July, 2020, Publication in Advances in Intelligent System and Computing, Springer AISC (ISSN: 2194-5357), Scopus and ISI Indexed (Paper accepted and to be presented)
- Shafiqul Abidin et al “Taxonomy of Cyber Security in Medical Science”, Springer 2nd International Conference on Emerging Technologies in Data Mining and Information Security (IEMIS 2020), Kolkata , 2 – 4 July, 2020, Publication in Advances in Intelligent System and Computing, Springer AISC (ISSN: 2194-5357), Scopus and ISI Indexed (Paper accepted and is to be presented)
- Shafiqul Abidin “On Confidentiality, Integrity, Authenticity and Freshness (CIAF) in WSN”, 4th Springer International Conference on Computer, Communication and Computational Sciences (IC4S 2019), Bangkok, Thailand, 11 – 12 October, 2019, Publication in Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing (ISSN: 2194-5357), (Scopus and ISI Indexed).
- Shafiqul Abidin et al “Classifying Time – Bound Hierarchical Key Agreement Schemes”, 4th Springer International Conference on Computer, Communication and Computational Sciences (IC4S 2019), Bangkok, Thailand, 11 – 12 October, 2019, Publication in Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing (ISSN: 2194-5357), (Scopus and ISI Indexed).
- Shafiqul Abidin et al “B-IoT (Block Chain – Internet of Things) : A way to enhance IoT security via Block Chain against various possible attacks”, IEEE 2nd International Conference on Intelligent Computing Instrumentation and Control Technologies (ICICICT – 2019), Kerala, 5 – 6 July, 2019, IEEE XPLORE, (ISBN: 978-1-7281-0283-23), Scopus Indexed.
- Shafiqul Abidin et al “CMOS Realization of Electronically tunable Grounded Inductor Application Band Pass Amplifier Design for Noise Minimization in RF System”, IEEE International Conference on Inventive Computation Technologies (ICICT – 2018), IEEE Xplore , ISBN : 978-1-5386-4985-5, and 978-1-5386-4984-8, November, 2018, (Scopus Indexed).
- Shafiqul Abidin and Mohini Chauhan “Centralised Operating System – A new way to secure the computer networks”, IEEE International Conference on New Trends in Engineering & Technology (ICNTET 2018 – Conference # 44368), Chennai , Tamil Nadu, India, IEEE Xplore, ISBN : 978-1-5386-5630-3 and 978-1-5386-5629-7, 7-8 September, 2018, (Scopus Indexed).
- Shafiqul Abidin “Minimising Risks in Wireless Sensor Network” IEEE International Conference on Electrical, Electronics, Computers, Communication, Mechanical and Computing – EECCMC 18, Tamil Nadu, India, IEEE Xplore (Part No. CFP18O37-ART), ISBN: 978-1-5386-4304-4 and 978-1-5386 -4303-7, 2018, (Scopus Indexed).
- Mr.Harsh Aggarwal, Mr.Abhishek Punj, Ms.Arushi Khosla, Mr.Bismaad Bhasin and Dr.Sandeep Malik Paper title “RANK PREDICTION IN PUBG: A MULTIPLAYER BATTLE ROYALE GAME“ Accepted in 2nd International Conference on Emerging Technologies in Data Mining and Information Security (IEMIS-2020) which will be scheduled at Institute of Engineering and Management Kolkata, West Bengal INDIA on 2nd and 4th July 2020
- Ms.Deepali Jawale and Dr.Sandeep Malik Paper Title “A SURVEY ON SMART FRAMING TECHNOLOGY USING BLOCK-CHAIN” Accepted in 20th Industrial Conference on Data Mining (ICDM-2020) which will be scheduled on 15th to 19th July 2020 to be held at New York USA.
- Mr.Ganesh Kumar M T, Dr.Sandeep Malik, Madan H R, Ravish Aradhya H. V, presented Paper Title “Performance analysis of 8-bit Multiplier Architectures” in the proceedings of Springer nature– International conference on Recent Trends in Science and Technology (ICRTST-2020), ATME College of Engineering, Mysuru(08 – 09 April 2020) (Accepted-Scopus Indexed).
- Siddharth Gautam “Recent Advances and Countermeasures Against Various Attacks in IoT Environment”, IEEE- ICSPC, (ISBN:978-1-7281-1850-5), Coimbatore, 3 February 2020.
- Siddharth Gautam, “Blockchain Technology-Future Of IoT: Including Structure, Limitations And Various Possible Attacks”, IEEE – ICICICT, 2019, (ISBN:978-1-7281-0284-9), Kerala, 13 February 2020.
- Siddharth Gautam, “Real Time Sentiment Analysis On Twitter Data Using Deep Learning (Keras)”, IEEE- ICCCIS, 2019, (ISBN:978-1-7281-4827-4), Greater Noida, 30 January 2020.
- Siddgarth Gautam, “ Blockchain based security solutions to preserve data privacy & integrity”, IEEE- ICCCIS, 2019, (ISBN:978-1-7281-4827-4), Greater Noida, 30 January 2020.
- Shruti Bhalla, “Exploration of Crimes through Data Analysis: A Review”, International journal of research in electronics and computer engineering, June 2019.
- Shruti Bhalla, “Comparison of Crime of different countries-Cyber Crime“, International Journal of Research in Electronics and Computer Engineering, May 2018.
- Shafiqul Abidin et al “5th Generation Wireless Communication Revolution”, International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering, for Volume – 8, Issue – 5, January 2020. (ISSN:2277-3878), (Scopus Indexed).
- Shafiqul Abidin et al “Controlling Devices by IoT”, International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering, Volume – 8, Issue – 4, November 2019. (ISSN:2277-3878), (Scopus Indexed).
- Shafiqul Abidin “AODV Routing Protocol & Gray Hole Attack”, IJTE – The Indian Journal of Technical Education – Sponsored by AICTE, Vol 40, No. 2, pp 61-64, September, 2018, (ISSN: 0971-3034).
- Shafiqul Abidin “Wireless Sensor Network and Security Mechanism by Encryption”, International Journal of Research in Advent Technology, Vol.7, No.6, pp 9-13, June 2019. (ISSN: 2321-9637).
- Shafiqul Abidin, et al “Detecting Malware by Data Mining”, International Journal of Engineering, Science and Mathematics, Vol 7, Issue 1, January 2018, (ISSN: 2320-0294), Scopus ID 3D9ED96C3EFA9FBD
- Mr.Ajit Singh Aidhen and Dr.Sandeep Malik published Paper Title “NUMERICAL AND EXPERIMENTAL ANALYSIS OF CENTRIFUGAL PUMP IN REVERSE MODE OPERATION.” in International Journal of Advanced Research in Engineering and Technology (IJARET), Volume 11, Issue 2, February 2020, pp. 186-199; ISSN Print: 0976-6480 and ISSN Online: 0976-6499; Impact Factor 10.9475.
- Mr.Ajit Singh Aidhen and Dr.Sandeep Malik published Paper Title “PERFORMANCE EVALUATION OF END SUCTION, SINGLE STAGE, RADIAL DISCHARGE CENTRIFUGAL PUMP IN TURBINE MODE OPERATION” in International Journal of Mechanical Engineering & Technology (IJMET), Volume 11, Issue 1, January 2020, pp. 61-72; ISSN Print: 0976-6340 and ISSN Online: 0976-6359, Impact Factor 10.6879.
- Siddharth Gautam, “Analysis of AODV routing protocol vs. Nodes in Ad-hoc network”,
JETIR / Vol 6 / Issue 3 / 610, pp 53-61, (ISSN:2349-51620)
- Security and Wireless Less Local Area Network, 2019, Dr. Shafiqul Abidin, ISBN: 978-93-85758-35-5, Published by Yashasvi Enterprise, Delhi
- Shafiqul Abidin “Enhancing Security in WSN by Artificial Intelligence”, Springer International Conference on Intelligent Data Communication and Internet of Things (ICICI – 2018), Chapter 93 , Lecture Notes on Data Engineering and Communication Technologies Series ISSN : 2367-4512, ISSN: 2367-4520 (Electronic), ISBN: 978-3-030-03145-9, ISBN : 978-3-030-03146-6 (ebook), pp 814-821, January 2019, (Scopus Indexed).https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-03146-6_93
- Programming in VB.Net, 2018, Dr. Shafiqul Abidin, ISBN: 978-93-85758-33-1, Published by Yashasvi Enterprise, Delhi
- Shafiqul Abidin, “A method to emotional component and intrapersonal cognitive detection of a person using machine learning”, patent published, Controller General of Patents, and Trademarks, Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India, Patent No. 202041014970, dated 22/05/2020.
- Shafiqul Abidin, “Failure prediction and prevention manufacturing industry equipments and process using digital twins modeling”, Controller General of Patents, and Trademarks, Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India, Patent No. 202041017824, dated 29/05/2020.
- Shafiqul Abidin filed patent “Design of IoT based Smart Temporary Shelters during Natural Calamities”, Application No. 202011019416
- Shafiqul Abidin “Enhanced Performance of Monochromatic Organic Light Emitting Diode with Copper-Phthalocyanine Nanoparticles Layer (TCE-2020-04-0064), has been submitted to the Transaction on IEEE Consumer Electronics (ISSN: 0098-3063)